Monday, December 7, 2009

Beckham tips for asthma sufferers

David Beckham hopes the revelation that he has suffered from asthma since he was a boy will help others with the condition.

The England midfielder said he had not tried to hide the fact he had asthma - it became apparent when he was seen using an inhaler after playing for Los Angeles Galaxy in the MLS Cup final in Seattle.

Beckham said: "It's out there now. Sometimes I have good days and bad days. I've never hidden it but it's something I've had for a good few years now."

He added: "I hope it turns into a positive because I've been able to play for many years with the condition. I know there are many other players who have overcome it such as Paul Scholes."

The 34-year-old also dismissed a report that he smokes cigars.

"I've always prided myself on the way I look after myself," he said. "On special occasions, like winning the European Cup, I might have had a puff. But I don't sneak into the garden - I think my boys would kill me if I did."

Beckham is recovering from an ankle injury and had three painkilling injections in Seattle but said it should be mended by the time he joins AC Milan after Christmas.

He added: "In the last few days it has felt a bit better. Bone bruising takes time to go away and obviously the injections I had during the game in Seattle didn't help.

"But it should be fine by the time I get to Milan. There's not much you can do with bone bruising apart from resting it and icing it. I just need a couple of weeks off, which I'm having."


P.S. boost your asthma immunity by eating Vitamin C and Vitamin D rich foods and fruits.



source

No comments:

Post a Comment